Girl cat names are numerous but it is important to pick a name that fits your cat’s personality, whether you’re getting a new kitten or renaming a rescue.
Are you looking for the perfect girl cat name? Don’t go with any name! Make sure you check over each option to see which one best suits their personality.
How should you choose your kitten’s name
To assist you in selecting a name that is just right for your kitten, we’ve compiled a list of helpful hints.
1. Keep it short – Shorter names (one or two syllables) are usually easier for your cat to remember and for you to call out. To minimize misunderstanding, your cat’s name should be distinct from the names of other people and pets in the house, as well as from crucial orders such as ‘come’ and ‘no.’
2. Look for something that will last – Choose a name that will grow with your kitten. You might be screaming out your kitten’s name for many years. Choose a name that is appropriate for both a kitten and an adult cat.
3. Pay attention to the personality – Your kitten’s distinct personality may affect your naming choices. A “Daisy” is a cute and affectionate cat, while a “Princess” is a spoiled little girl.
4. Looks should inspire you- Your kitten’s breed or appearance can serve as an inspiration for name ideas.
5. Consider a person’s name – With the increasing humanization of pets, it’s no surprise that many people are giving their cats human names. You can also explore this route.
6. Get your family to suggest names – Involve the entire family in the naming process. Ask each family member to select three names from our list below. Then, together you can decide which one is best for your kitten.
From A to Z, here are some stunning and distinctive girl cat names.
Girl cat names starting with ‘A’
1. Abby – Abby has a charming personality; she loves her family and friends but can be shy at times.
2. Ada – Ada is an adorable little kitten who likes to play fetch and chase balls of yarn. Her favorite toy is a stuffed mouse that squeaks whenever it gets near her mouth.
3. Adalynn: Adalynn is a beautiful black-and-white kitty. This playful feline enjoys playing games such as hide-the-treats or chasing after toys.
4. Ada Mae – Ada Mae is one cute tabby kitty who loves to cuddle up next to your feet while watching TV. If you want to get this purring beauty into bed with you every night, then make sure you give her plenty of attention.
5. Addy: Addy is a pretty orange tabby kitty who will steal any food left lying around. She also loves to snuggle under blankets during cold weather.
6. Adina – Adina is a lovely calico kitty who loves to spend time outdoors exploring nature. When she isn’t outside, she spends most of her day sleeping inside.
7. Adrianna – Adrianna is a stunning kitty who loves spending time with her human companions. She’ll follow them wherever they go and even sleep curled up right beside their beds.
8. Adrienne – Adrienne is a precious white Persian kitty who loves to curl up by herself and watch movies all day long. She doesn’t mind sharing space with other cats either.
9. Agatha – Agatha is an intelligent and independent young female cat who prefers to keep busy. She enjoys exploring new places and meeting lots of different people along the way.
10. Alana – Alana is a friendly and outgoing gray tabby kitty who adores having fun with her humans. She loves to run through tunnels and jump off furniture.
11. Alexandra – Alexandra is a charming blue-eyed tabby kitty who lives life to its fullest. She loves to play fetch and catch mice and birds. She also loves to hang out with her mommy and daddy.
12. Allie – Allie is a loving and affectionate kitty who wants to share everything with everyone else. She likes to laze around and listen to music with her humans.
13. Amber: Amber is a fun-loving girl kitty who enjoys playing games such as hide and seek or tug o’ war. She can usually find a way to sneak off from wherever she’s supposed to be when mommy calls her name.
14. Amanda – Amanda is a bright yellow tabby kitty who is full of energy and enthusiasm. She loves to climb trees and enjoys running laps around the house.
15. Amelia: Amelia is a spunky girl kitty who loves having lots of attention lavished upon her. She has a strong personality and dominates conversations with her brothers and sisters.
16. Anastasia – Anastasia is a beautiful girl kitty who likes to spend most of her day sleeping in bed. When awake, she’ll play fetch with toys and chase anything that moves.
17. Andrea – Andrea is a cheerful and energetic kitty who enjoys hanging out with her human companion. She enjoys playing fetch and chasing balls of string.
19. Angelica: Angelica is a gentle and quiet girl who loves to lie down on soft pillows and nap. She loves it when you pet her.
20. Annabelle – Annabelle is an adorable little kitten who wants you to hold her close. You can catch her often napping next to her mommy’s legs.
21. Anna: Anna is a sweet and calm tabby kitty who likes to stay indoors without distractions. She loves watching TV or playing games with her family members.
22. Aria – Aria is a playful and active black and white tabby kitty who loves to play hide and seek with her friends. She especially loves chasing after toys and hiding behind doors.
23. Arinna: Arinna is a beautiful kitty who gets excited whenever she sees something shiny. Her favorite toys include stuffed animals, balls of yarn, and feathers.
24. Ashley – Ashley is a happy and curious orange tabby kitty who always seems to have a smile on her face. She loves to snuggle next to you while you’re reading books or listening to your iPod.
26. Audrey – Audrey is a pretty calico kitty who loves to spend time outdoors exploring nature. She loves climbing trees and jumping into puddles.
27. Autumn: Autumn is a lovely kitty who loves spending time outside enjoying the sunshine. She loves to cuddle up under blankets and watch for squirrels and other wildlife as they pass by.
28. Ava – Ava is a sweet and playful tabby kitty who enjoys playing games. She loves running water and climbing onto laps.
29. Avril – Avril is a cute and lively kitty who spends most of her day sleeping. She will wake up every once in a while to check things out. She loves to eat treats and play with her brother and sister.
Girl cat names starting with ‘B’
31. Baby Doll – Baby Doll is a happy-go-lucky girl cat that enjoys running about and playing catch with her owner. She enjoys jumping out of boxes and into them.
35. Bella – Bella is a timid kitty who prefers staying inside alone rather than going outside. She hides away from people when she ventures outdoors until she’s ready to head home.
36. Bella Rose: Bella Rose is a precious baby tabby kitty who lives with her parents and two sisters. She loves to sleep curled up beside them during the day and then get up and explore their surroundings at night.
39. Bluebell: Bluebell is a gorgeous blue-eyed tabby kitty who is full of energy and curiosity. She enjoys running around and getting dirty! She also likes chasing birds and mice.
41. Bonnie – Bonnie is a cheerful and energetic tabby kitty who loves the outdoors.
42. Brandy: Brandy is a fun-loving girl kitty who loves to run around and play with her owner. She loves curling up in bed with her owners.
Girl cat names starting with ‘C’
46. Caitlyn – Caitlyn is an adorable little kitten who likes it when you hold her close. She can’t wait to meet new friends and enjoy some quality time together.
49. Carrie – Carrie is a sweet and playful tabby kitty who enjoys playing games like peekaboo and tug o’ war. She loves to climb onto laps and nuzzle against warm bodies.
56. Chloe – Chloe is a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed tabby kitty who loves to play hide and seek. She especially gets excited whenever there are toys nearby that make noise.
60. Clover: Clover is a beautiful black and white striped kitty who likes to keep busy. She loves chasing after balls and sticks and even tries to catch bugs sometimes.
61. Coco – Coco is a happy girl kitty who loves exploring nature and learning how to hunt for prey. She’s always up for some adventure and will never turn down a chance to go fishing or swimming.
62. Colleen – Colleen is a happy and curious girl kitty who wants you to pet her and play with her. She’ll sit on your lap or jump into your arms so you won’t leave her behind.
Girl cat names starting with ‘D’
65. Dahlia – Dahlia is a curious girl kitty who loves being able to learn something new each day.
67. Dakota – Dakota is a pretty gray tabby kitty who loves spending time cuddling with mommy and daddy. She likes music and TV shows.
68. Daisy – Daisy is a cute and affectionate girl kitty who will give kisses for hours on end. She loves going for walks and climbing trees.
70. Delilah – Delilah is a very gentle and quiet girl kitty who prefers hanging out by herself. She doesn’t mind sharing space, though, because she knows how much joy she brings to those around her.
Girl cat names starting with ‘E’
72. Ella – Ella is a lively and adventurous girl kitty who loves meeting new people and learning new things. She loves to explore every inch of her home and get as many belly rubs from mommy and dad as possible.
73. Ella Mae – Ella Mae is a friendly and outgoing girl kitty who loves having company. She appreciates attention and treats and will happily follow anyone who offers them.
77. Emma – Emma is a spunky and curious girl kitty who loves trying new foods and making new sounds. She loves snuggling under blankets and watching movies at night.
Girl cat names starting with ‘F’
85. Felicity – Felicity is an intelligent girl kitty who loves taking care of her family members. She is unafraid to share her opinion and will tell you what she thinks.
86. Fiona – Fiona is a shy but lovable girl kitty who loves getting pets, hugs, and belly scratches. She adores the sound of laughter and will often try to join in any game involving other cats.
Girl cat names starting with ‘G’
90. Gabby – Gabby is a playful girl kitty who loves running through tunnels and jumping off furniture. She also loves to chase anything shiny and colorful.
92. Gemma – Gemma is a pretty girl kitty who loves going outside to catch butterflies and moths. She’s also fascinated by fireflies and spends hours trying to catch one.
98. Grace – Grace is a sweet and calm girl kitty who loves sleeping near mommy. Her favorite thing to do is curl up between their legs and purr until they fall asleep too.
Girl cat names starting with ‘H’
104. Holly – Holly is a friendly girl kitty who loves getting along well with everyone. She’s affectionate and will give kisses and cuddles to whoever comes near her.
Girl cat names starting with ‘I’
106. Iris – Iris is a cheerful girl kitty who loves to curl up close to mommy and daddy when they’re feeling sad or lonely. She can usually cheer them right back up again.
107. Isabella – Isabella is a gentle girl kitty who loves sitting next to her mother and siblings at home. But, once she gets bored, she becomes restless and wants to get moving.
Girl cat names starting with ‘J’
110. Jasmine – Jasmine is a shy girl kitty who prefers staying close to her parents and siblings. She’s protective over her territory and growls if anyone enters without permission.
Girl cat names starting with ‘K’
116. Kali – Kali is a gorgeous orange tabby kitty who is full of energy and curiosity. She enjoys playing with her siblings and will use any opportunity to get attention.
123. Kira – Kira is an adventurous girl kitty who loves climbing trees and jumping on things. She’s also quite fond of chasing after balls and other objects.
Girl cat names starting with ‘L’
134. Lily – Lily is a beautiful black kitten who likes to spend most of her day curled up in bed napping. When it is time to eat dinner, she’ll jump into your lap and beg you to feed her.
Girl cat names starting with ‘M’
144. Maggie – Maggie is a happy and curious girl kitty who loves the company of her humans. She is comfortable with other kittens and can even put up with a little roughhousing.
150. Mary Ann
151. Maybelline – Maybelline is a lovely girl kitty who loves exploring nature. She’s always looking for something interesting to investigate.
Girl cat names starting with ‘N’
166. Nala – Nala is a fun-loving girl kitty who loves running through fields and forests. She has a strong sense of independence and isn’t scared to try new things.
172. Nora – Nora is a pretty white girl kitty who loves cuddles and kisses. She’s not afraid to show affection towards strangers.
Girl cat names starting with ‘O’
174. Olivia – Olivia is an adorable girl kitty who loves hanging out by herself while watching TV. She doesn’t mind sharing her space with others. But she doesn’t like loud noises.
Girl cat names starting with ‘P’
188. Piper – Piper is a bright and independent girl kitty who loves going outside whenever possible. She spends much of her days chasing after balls and sticks and will greet visitors to her home.
190. Poppy – Poppy is a loving girl kitty who likes nothing more than curling up with her mommy and daddy. She’s also a bit clumsy and tends to trip over things.
Girl cat names starting with ‘Q’
Girl cat names starting with ‘R’
201. Riley – Riley is a gentle and quiet girl kitty who prefers to stay inside where it’s warm and cozy. She enjoys snuggling beneath the blankets with mommy and daddy while watching movies.
Girl cat names starting with ‘S’
210. Sage – Sage is a friendly and outgoing girl kitty who loves meeting new people and making new friends. She’s great at getting along with everyone, yet she may be a little envious at times.
221. Sophie – Sophie is a curious girl kitty who loves exploring everything there is to see outdoors. She’s especially interested in observing birds and insects.
229. Suzy Q
Girl cat names starting with ‘T’
235. Tessa – Tessa is a lively and active girl kitty who loves climbing trees and digging holes. Her favorite pastime is hunting down bugs and worms.
239. Tilly – Tilly is a lively girl kitty who loves meeting new people and learning interesting facts. She’s also a great listener and will often sit while others talk to her.
Girl cat names starting with ‘U’
Girl cat names starting with ‘V’
249. Violet – Violet is an energetic and playful girl kitty who loves running around and jumping on things. She also loves to explore every inch of her house and yard.
Girl cat names starting with ‘W’
Girl cat names starting with ‘Y’
Girl cat names starting with ‘Z’
258. Zoey – Zoey is a sweet and lovable girl kitty who wants her humans to hold her. She’s very tolerant of other cats and will often allow them to climb onto her back and purr away.
We hope that you have been able to identify a name for your kitten from our long list of popular girl cat names.