Nothing beats a blueberry facial for dogs when it comes to pampering your pet and cleansing those clogged puppy pores and refreshing tired doggy skin.
As pet parents will agree, pets deserve the best and that also includes feeling relaxed and looking fabulous. The blueberry facial is right for all breeds of dogs, age groups, and skin types.
Here are 9 compelling reasons why you should spoil your pet with a blueberry facial for dogs:
1. Pleasant smell
Your pet will love the soothing and awesome fresh smell of the blueberry facial. It will also leave their fur feeling soft.
2. Brightens and cleans
Dogs are known to dirty their faces quickly due to their curious nature and habit of sniffing everything around them. In furry dogs, the dirt and grime go deep, all the way down to the skin. Hence, the natural exfoliating and slightly hydrating effect of the blueberry scrub has a much more effective cleansing effect than ordinary shampoo.
A facial also penetrates deeper than a bath, removing dead skin cells, dirt, and grime more effectively from the skin. Dead skin cells harbor bacteria and if not removed it can clog the skin pores leading to pustules and odor.
3. Lots of good antioxidants
Free radicals are unstable atoms that can damage cells and they are linked to illness and aging. Free radicals are produced as part of normal body functions as well as external causes. Antioxidants remove free radicals before they can cause damage. Ingredients of blueberry facial for dogs include blueberries, aloe vera, avocado, and coconut oil: rich antioxidants that help to revive the skin and appearance of your pet.
4. Treats dry and itchy skin
The coconut oil in the blueberry facial acts as a good remedy for dry, itchy skin. It is also known to possess antibacterial, antifungal, and immunity-boosting properties. Avocado is a good source of vitamins A, D, and E, and vitamin D particularly helps to heal red, irritated skin.
5. Soothes inflammation
Dogs with folds on their faces sometimes develop an inflammation of the skin, mostly around the face, lips, vulva, and tail folds. This can cause foul odors and even yeast or bacterial infections. The blueberry facial with its deep yet gentle cleaning can be very helpful. Coconut oil, which is an ingredient of the facial scrub has anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe the inflamed area and moisturize it. However, remember to always consult your veterinarian about your pet’s health issues and potential treatments.
6. Removes tear stains
The blueberry facial is effective in removing tear stains in breeds like poodles and spaniels, which have weepy eyes. Unless the stains are cleaned every day, it can harden and be difficult to remove. Excessive tear staining can also give off a bad odor and harbor germs, leading to skin issues. The facial will help to remove the dead skin cells and soothe the skin underneath.
7. Safe to use as shampoo
The product can also be used as body shampoo as it is gentle on the eyes, safe even if licked and less likely to cause allergic reactions.
8. Safe for pet parents with allergies
Blueberry facial has a pleasant and lasting scent. It is safe for pet owners who may be allergic to perfumes.
It doesn’t leave any stains on your pet’s fur. It appears blue on application but the color is completely washed off during the rinse.
Where to buy
- You can ask for a blueberry facial when you are at your groomers’ next.
- Alternatively, you can buy the product on amazon or make it yourself at home and apply it during the routine dog grooming session.
Here are two brands that you can buy on amazon:
- South Barks Blueberry Facial
- TropiClean SPA Tear Stain Remover
How to make your own blueberry facial mix at home
The ingredients required include:
- Fresh blueberries (1.13 oz)
- Coconut oil (.563 oz)
- Mashup the fresh blueberries and mix it with the coconut oil.
- Make sure that the resulting mixture has a liquid feel and not rough.
How to apply it
- It can be applied to the pet’s face as part of the bathing routine.
- Apply the blueberry product on the face or the whole body if required, making sure to avoid the eyes.
- If your dog doesn’t appreciate this level of pampering and shows signs of irritation, then it’s best to stop and rinse off the product. However, if your dog seems okay with the soothing and gentle massage, then continue.
- Once done, rinse and dry off with a towel.
Be sure to let us know once you have tried the blueberry facial.